List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: CVS and KDevelop
From:       Werner Modenbach <modenbach () alc ! de>
Date:       2000-03-23 9:54:52

Am Don, 23 Mär 2000 schrieb Markus Gustavsson:
> Hello
>
> It's obvious that different people have different needs and habits
> when it comes to how they develop their software. I can only answer
> for my opinion, which is that the CVS integration is the absolutely
> most important part of KDevelop right now, which should have 100%
> priority. I use KDevelop on a daily basis, often 4 - 8 hours per day,
> and the thing, of all things, that would help me the most today,
> is a good and powerfull CVS integration in KDevelop, with support
> for remote repositories, and a nice visual part which lets one see
> right off, which files has been modified and stuff like that.
> It would be nice to be able to just klick on a button to have color-
> diffs of changes between recent versions appear too.
> I guess that most people would NOT have full CVS Integration on top
> of their wishlist, but at least, now, you have my opinion :-)
>
> 	/Markus Gustavsson

100% (at least ;-)) my opinion!!! I and my colleagues also use kdevelop for min. 6-8 \
hours a day.

Furtermore I would like to have definitive stable versions which have a minimum on \
upgrade risk for production systems. Maybe it's my fault but by some reason I cannot \
catch the point when to upgrade under the above circumstances. I think the members of \
this list are mostly using and improving kdevelop in some "private" environment. \
Thats absolutely great for the rapid development of this !!! IMPRESSIVE SUPERB TOOL \
!!!. For me (and maybe others as well) it would be very helpful to have someone say : \
CODEFREEZE .... STABLE VERSION Or didn't I notice those events?

- Werner -