List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Class parser in latest snapshot, assertion failure.
From:       Stephen Gallimore <sg () lincolnsoftware ! com>
Date:       1999-05-25 12:45:21

I have been successfully using 0.3.1 (with some minor fixes) to edit files
belonging to a large multi-platform software project. While not understanding
some things, the class parsing was sufficient to allow me to use the class view
to navigate around the code with relative ease, which is very useful.
Given the request for artists recently posted stated that a new release was not
very far away I thought I would try the latest snapshot. Unfortunately the
new parser chokes and dies when faced with my company's code :)

CClassView::refresh( proj )
  parsing:[/R/FLIBS_sg/sun4_SunOS5/dev/libraries/ABGUI/viewwndT.h]
Found multi value attribute declaration
Found operator declaration.
Found operator declaration.
Found multi value attribute declaration
Found operator declaration.
Found multi value attribute declaration
  parsing:[/R/FLIBS_sg/sun4_SunOS5/dev/libraries/ABGUI/viewwndU.h]
  parsing:[/R/FLIBS_sg/sun4_SunOS5/dev/libraries/ABWIN/winscrll.h]
Found operator declaration.
Found multi value attribute declaration
  parsing:[/R/FLIBS_sg/sun4_SunOS5/dev/libraries/ABGUI/penT.h]
Found operator declaration.
  parsing:[/R/FLIBS_sg/sun4_SunOS5/dev/libraries/ABWIN/controlU.h]
Found operator declaration.
  parsing:[/R/FLIBS_sg/sun4_SunOS5/dev/libraries/ABMOTIF/viewwndM.h]
  parsing:[/R/FLIBS_sg/sun4_SunOS5/dev/libraries/ABMOTIF/scrollwndM.h]
  parsing:[/R/FLIBS_sg/sun4_SunOS5/dev/libraries/ABWIN/readsel_dlg.h]
  parsing:[/R/FLIBS_sg/sun4_SunOS5/dev/libraries/ABGUI/viewwndT.cpp]
No class by the name T_VIEW_WND found
..................... Many such messages, class is defined in viewwndT.h (SG)
No class by the name T_VIEW_WND found
Found operator declaration.
Found operator declaration.
  parsing:[/R/FLIBS_sg/sun4_SunOS5/dev/libraries/ABGUI/viewwndT.inl]
No class by the name T_VIEW_WND found
..................... Many such messages (SG)
No class by the name T_VIEW_WND found
  parsing:[/R/FLIBS_sg/sun4_SunOS5/dev/libraries/ABWIN/winscrll.cpp]
No class by the name U_W_SCROLL_VIEW found
                       ^^^ defined in winscrll.h (SG)
kdevelop: ClassParser.cc:641: void CClassParser::parseMethodImpl(bool): Assertion \
`lexemStack.top()->type == 263' failed.

The class definitions for the two classes it cannot find are as follows:

class _ABGUI_DECL T_VIEW_WND : public virtual AB_Object, public virtual T_WND
and
class _ABWIN_DECL U_W_SCROLL_VIEW : public CScrollView, public U_VIEW_WND

Note the macro identifier before the class name used to control DLL
import/export on NT, it expands to nothing on Unix platforms. Kdevelop 0.3.1
correctly copes with these as long as they start with an underscore, I do not
know if we have lost that functionality or  if in fact it is some other part of
those declarations that the parser is unhappy about. Note that I do not have
all the files that define the base classes in the "project", I really hope that
this doesn't matter.

The assertion I cannot really help you with without knowing which line in the
source file it was trying to parse.

Best regards,
Stephen Gallimore

Lincoln Software Limited
E-mail: stephen.gallimore@lincolnsoftware.com
Web:    http://www.lincolnsoftware.com
            "Never trust a crown green bowler under 30" - HMHB