List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: Question about installing snapshots.
From:       "Travis Bauer" <travis_bauer () hotmail ! com>
Date:       1999-04-24 18:01:21

What you need to do is to unzip the snapshot file within the kdevelop-
0.3.1 directory which was created when you unzipped the original
0.3.1 sources.  This will replace the existing kdevelop subdirectory
and the po subdirectory with what is in the snapshot.

Then, within the kdevelop-0.3.1 directory:

make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure
make
make install

Basically, you keep the Makefile.cvs from the original sources.  I
have not installed the absolute latest snapshot, but I have installed
the previous ones, and that is how it worked.

Travis Bauer

>From: Dave Robbins <dmrobbin@mindspring.com>
>To: kdevelop@fara3.cs.uni-potsdam.de
>Subject: Question about installing snapshots.
>Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 16:30:53 +0000
>
>Hello All,
>
>I've been playing with 0.31 since it first came out and it's really
a nice piece of work, now that I've seen screen-shots of the
>latest version I'm anxious to give it a try.
>
>When I unzipped the source of 19990420 there was no Makefile.cvs,
only Makefile.am. Am I missing something or is there a way to
>generate things from Makefile.am??
>
>Also, I'm running Redhat 5.2, what version of KDE do I need, just
1.1 or one of the newer snapshots??