List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: Jpeg 62 / 61
From:       Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold () wolfram ! com>
Date:       1999-04-08 18:24:43

Thomas Quillinan wrote:

> Hi
> Sorry to be posting this, as I'm sure someone else has asked....
>
> How do I fix the Jpeg 62 library problem (or where do I get that library?)

Yes, I'm having the same problem. The FAQ in the documentation in the web does
not help very much. My problem is, it expects 61, but lib is 62. Unfortunately
I don't have any jpeglib.h referring to 62 on my computer (only those to
61)... So where can I get it?

> Also is there an FAQ anywhere?

Look at http://samuel.cs.uni-potsdam.de/~smeier/kdevelop_new/index.html in the
Documentation there is a FAQ section...

Here is the excerpt for the jpeglib problem:

     Q: Wrong JPEG library version: library is 61, caller expects 62
     A:  There are 2 ways.

             1. : When the kdelibs are installed it installs header files for
the
             jpeg libraries, these are version 61,  however most distributions

             (Redhat) use version 62 libraries. To fix  this just remove
jpeglib.h
             from /opt/kde/include. The pukka include  file for version 62
should
             then be picked up. However looking at the  error message above it
may
             be the other way round, in any case ensure  you only have on
version
             of the header file, the library and that  they are consistent.

             It is useful to use the locate command to verify that I have
             the correct version of a library and header files e.g.
             updatedb
             locate libjpeg
             locate jpeglib

             2: You must recompiled kdesupport without jpeg
            library (configure --with-libjpeg --with-libgif).

Hope this helps (although it didn't help me)
Reinhold