List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: Dialog Editor
From:       Ralf Nolden <Ralf.Nolden () post ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       1999-03-16 11:40:46

>  I have posted messages about this before, trying to get some
> concensous on the best way to tackle this.  Unfortunately there is
> still no 'official' policy on which dialogue editor to incorporate.
>
>  Most people seem to agree that the best approach would be to
> integrate one into Kdevelop rather than tacking one to the outside.
>
>  I would prefer to use Qtez for this. I have tried out the following:
> Mawc, Qtez, Qtarch and Kdlgedit.
>
>  Of these I found that Qtez had the best balance of functionality and
> abillity to generate correct code. As far as I know Johnny Evessen
> has taken as the author of Qtez and may be persuaded to throw in his
> lot with us, (see members.tripod.com/~jtevessen/).
>
>  Please could we have some kind of definitive decision from the great
> and the good as to what we should be concentrating our efforts on.
> It is very inefficient for us to be working on several different
> dialogue editors and can only slow down the incorporation of a
> dialogue editor into Kdevelop.
>
>  I really don't mean to offend anyone by saying these things, I just
> want to see a dialogue editor in Kdevelop as soon as possible.
>
>  Best regards,
>    Richard.

Hi Richard,

I know tapping in the dark is something hard, especially if you can't
await results for what you're waiting for so desperately.
Now, we're discussing this and further extensions tonight, so we'll
probably have some details tomorrow. Just remember that the last three
weeks
were the hardest in KDevelop development, I personally worked on it up
to 2 am in the morning sometimes and that for all day, which is only
possible due to the semester holidays at university (what? was that
really holidays I typed ???).

Please stay cool and don't be angry too much if we take some time and
lean back for a day or so after we fixed all bugs we found.

Thanks,

Ralf