List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: Defining macros for the parser
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2011-03-01 10:24:51

On 01.03.11 10:12:36, Gunther Piez wrote:
> A couple of questions remain.
>
> If I "Open Configuration..." with rightclick on the project name, why do
> I get a "Configure Make settings" dialog which seem to have no effect at
> all?

Because kdevelops implementation for that dialog is insufficient to disable
those.

> Isn't is possible to just simply add some defines which are globally
> used by the parser (I need to emulate some internal gcc defines)?
> I used "/../../../../../../../../../../../" as top level directory,
> which does what I want, but it seems somewhat inelegant. If I use "/",
> the defines are no longer recognized, I am in one of the system headers
> (thats where they are acutally needed).

Hmm, that does sound like it should be considered a bug. I'd have to look
at the source code to be sure, but please feel free to file it against
kdevelop (there's a component for custom-buildsystem) on bugs.kde.org.

> It seems the output of the build doesn't get parsed for line numbers. Is
> this intended?

Yes, as any support for that would either mean binding it to certain
buildtools or compilers or doing a very expensive stat() for each string
that could possibly be a file+linenumber. Hence there's no support for
that.

Andreas