List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: Debug-Release
Date:       2010-12-17 3:14:17

On Friday 17 Dec 2010 12:00:45 am Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > > Which build system are you using? Cmake support in kdevelop allows you to setup \
> > > multiple directories and you could switch between them. Or you could edit the \
> > > CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE for the same build dir.
> >
> > Btw, it would be good from the usability point of view to be able to
> > quickly switch between configurations (like combobox on the toolbar in
> > MSVS).
>
> Yes there needs to be an easy way to switch the build directory, but no
> a toolbar combobox doesn't work. One can have multiple projects and you
> need to be able to switch the builddir for each one. So it needs to be
> obvious that a the switch is for a specific project, hence the gui
> should be close to the project itself in the project tree.

Also, i think the selection of the build folder should be session specific or \
something like that. I have a situation where a library common to multiple projects \
in built in diffrent "profiles". However, when i switch session to deal with the \
respective project the build dir does not switch.

In the KDE context think of something like kdelibs being built in mobile profile when \
                working on kontact mobile and in the desktop profile for everything \
                else.
--
Cheers!
Kishore