List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: kdevelop crashes
From:       Werner Modenbach <modenbach () alc ! de>
Date:       2005-12-21 11:41:51

Hi there,

I don't have to much knowledge about the editor in use.
What I found out so far is:
I have project "1" containing classes which are also used in project "2".
I open both projects each in an instance of kdevelop, the first one for
editing and compiling, the second one for debug purpose.
The class implementation (i.e. cpp-file) is opened in both sessions. \
Editing  now makes kdevelop crash during save etc.
It is my impression both instances of kdevelop are using the same backup \
file. Is there anyone out there who can help me or give me some hints?

Thanks in advance.

- Werner -

> In the meantime I've got some more details. In my opinion kdevelop \
> crashes have something to do with background backups of the editor.
> I can easily make it crash by the following procedure:
> - Open a class in the editor and do some modifications without saving to
> file - Wait for a while until the editor (obviously) does a backup copy. \
> - This will warn you about "the file has been modified in the background" \
> and indicate a warning in the tab.
> - If you now press the save button it asks you for "overwrite? Yes/No".
> - kdevelop crashes when answering "Yes" and every changes are lost.

-
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to \
kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe \
»your-email-address«