Hi Alvin, thank you for your hints. In the meantime I've got some more details. In my opinion kdevelop crashes have something to do with background backups of the editor. I can easily make it crash by the following procedure: - Open a class in the editor and do some modifications without saving to file - Wait for a while until the editor (obviously) does a backup copy. - This will warn you about "the file has been modified in the background" and indicate a warning in the tab. - If you now press the save button it asks you for "overwrite? Yes/No". - kdevelop crashes when answering "Yes" and every changes are lost. So there is no way to get your work saved. I hope this helps the developers to fix it. Thanks so much for this valuable development environment !!! kdevelop is GREAT!!! Thanks - Werner - Am Freitag, 16. Dezember 2005 18:35 schrieb Alvin Beach: > On Friday 16 December 2005 13:00, Werner Modenbach wrote: > > > > I'm running SuSE 10.0 and 2 days ago I upgrades KDE to version 3.5 from > > SuSE supplementary. > > Now kdevelop crashed frequently. Also it announces files to be changed > > from outside which is not true for sure. > > > > I had this problem too, but the crash was related to XIM. Use qtconfig to > disable XIM. Apparently SUSE messes with the QT3 libs to include XIM > support. > - to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe »your-email-address«