List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: kdevelop crashes
From:       Alvin Beach <alvinbeach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-12-16 17:35:48

On Friday 16 December 2005 13:00, Werner Modenbach wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm running SuSE 10.0 and 2 days ago I upgrades KDE to version 3.5 from
> SuSE supplementary.
> Now kdevelop crashed frequently. Also it announces files to be changed from
> outside which is not true for sure.
>
> This is very serious for me because I'm using kdevelop in a production
> environment.
> Any hints around?

I had this problem too, but the crash was related to XIM. Use qtconfig to
disable XIM. Apparently SUSE messes with the QT3 libs to include XIM support.

Also I updated kdevelop after updating KDE 3.5. I'm using SUSE 9.3 but I've
kept it so update that it's essentially become 10.0.

I would try these, in order:
1. Turn XIM off using qtconfig. I did this and KDevelop is much more stable.
You may need to restart KDE to make it take effect.
  i. /usr/lib/qt3/bin/qtconfig
 ii. Interface Tab
iii. Uncheck "Enhanced support for languages written right-to-left

2. Check to make sure you have the latest KDevelop from SUSE's
supplementary/KDE directory. My guess is that you do, but here is the RPM I
have installed: kdevelop3-3.3.0-3.i586.rpm

3. Download the tar.bz2 file of Kdevelop from kdevelop.org. Then use
KRPMBuilder to turn it into an RPM. Then install that RPM.

Hope this helps,

Alvin