List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: Breakpoints don't work
From:       Tarjei Knapstad <tarjei.knapstad () predichem ! com>
Date:       2005-09-23 11:04:47

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 17:04, Werner Modenbach wrote:
> I recently changed from kdevelop II to kdevelop III.
>
> Unfortunately I don't manage to set breakpoints in my source code.
> The debug window shows:
>
> (gdb) break cl_simulaceview.cpp:286
> No source file named cl_simulaceview.cpp.

I've had this happen on a number of occasions, and never quite figured
out why... One of two things usually helps:

1. Set a breakpoint in main.cpp and see if gdb can stop there. Then just
click continue to the next breakpoint where you actually want to
interrupt (this is a gdb problem - sometimes you have to set a
breakpoint higher up in the execution stack or gdb will miss. don't ask
me why :))

2. Try restarting KDevelop (I think it sometimes has to do with an old,
stale gdb process... not sure)

Good luck,
--
Tarjei