List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: Design of register/memory viewers
From:       leonp () plris ! com
Date:       2005-08-31 15:10:33

On Wednesday, 31 בAugust 2005 17:40, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to get some user suggestions on register/memory displays.
>
> In current KDevelop, those are part of "Viewers" window. The first problem
> is that the window is modal. The second problem is that it's not dockable.
The first problem is a serious one as no stepping can be done and  changing is
not visible.
The second is not a problem for me, but may be even an advantage.

> For register view, I have two alternatives:
> 1. Create another window (near the "variables" view), that would display
>    registers
> 2. Show registers in the "variables" view -- add new top-level item, and
>    make register children of that item.
>
> For memory, I can think only about creating another window. It can have
> "start/end" input boxes just like current memory viewer, or it can have
> tabs, allowing to view several memory regions at the same time.
Several memory views is great and very useful. I should like to see also
smaller font in memory window (now it is too large and requires significant
expansion to see the values) and ability to change between dec, hex, ASCII
presentations.

Thanks for your efforts.
--
Leon