List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: 32Bit development in 64Bit environment
From:       Alexander Puchmayr <alex () olymp ! linznet ! at>
Date:       2005-01-20 17:08:24

Am Montag, 17. Januar 2005 16:30 schrieb Reinhard Moeller:
> Hello,
> it is not yet clear to me how do define a project on an AMD 64Bit Linux
> system, that will also run on 32Bit regular Intel architectures. Also
> the executables should run in both environments.
> I am using kdevelop 3.3.2 and developing a QT based application.
> All help is greatly appreciated.
> Reinhard Moeller
> rmoe@ lfa.uni-wuppertal.de

Did you try to setup your project's CFLAGS properly, i.e. something like

CFLAGS="-m32 -march=pentium ..."

See manual page of gcc (submodel options for i386) for details.

Of course, you have to ensure that the proper 32 bit libraries are \
installed  and you link your project against these.

Greetings
 Alex

--
Alexander Puchmayr