Darn! Just after posting I figured out why it no longer worked. I was trying it from within the "debug" build configuration. Apparently the makefiles generated assume that "make dist" will only be run from within tha base directory (topsrcdir). Is this a "bug" or is there some reason for it? On Thursday 27 May 2004 13:35, Alexandros Karypidis wrote: > I know the basics of automake but had never heard of am_edit. From > what I've found on the web, my understanding is that it patches > makefiles by creating proper rules for auto-generated sources. > > Anyway, my problem is that I have an application written with > KDevelop, which I've been messing around with for a while in order to > learn a few things about the KDE API. "make dist" now fails with: > > --- > cd . && perl admin/am_edit -padmin > Can't open perl script "admin/am_edit": No such file or directory > make[1]: *** [dist-hook] Error 2 > --- > > This used to work in the past (actually there was a menu choice in > the build menu which I can no longer locate and am therefore running > this manually), but somewhere along my line of updates it ended up > being broken. > > I then tried doing this: created a brand new project (Simple KDE > Application) and ran "make dist" on it. Same thing. What gives? -- In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is. -- Yogi Berra. Alexandros Karypidis University of Thessaly Computer & Communications Engineering dept. - to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe »your-email-address«