List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Linking libraries in a specific order
From:       Bettina Ball <bball () cae-gmbh ! de>
Date:       2004-01-28 10:56:31

Hello,

   I have a KDevelop 2.1.3 project that consists of several
subdirectories (built as static libraries) and one program. Because
of some interdependencies I have to link those static libs in a
specific order. How can I achieve this with KDevelop?

I've taken a look at the various autotools and I know that I can
specify the linking order in the "myprogram_LDADD" variable of the
program's Makefile.am. Unfortunately, that variable is automatically
generated by KDevelop (via autotools?) and will be changed when
configure is called (Build -> Configure...).

Another way could be to tell the linker to search libraries repeatedly
to resolve undefined references (ld --start-group ARCHIVES
--end-group). The problem is that I don't know how to incorporate
this into the KDevelop setup/configuration, either.

Does anybody have any tips or could point me to the right piece of
documentation?

Thanks,

   Bettina Ball

P.S.: Unfortunately, upgrading to KDevelop 3.x is not possible for me
right now (in case that would solve my problem).

--
Bettina Ball
Core Software & Land, CAE Elektronik GmbH

-