List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: New to linux
From:       "Varchas Ramila Subrahmanya" <rsvarcha () cedt ! iisc ! ernet ! in>
Date:       2003-07-16 4:17:01

Hello all,
            Thanks a ton to you all for the help. I did meet one of my collegaues here and he \
gave me the plus points about installing software in linux. I eat my words "Am really wondering \
that Windows people have made a real good work in terms of installing since I do not need to \
download so many packages from different sources" ... please consider it was never said.  For \
"apt-get install" you need some files in /etc/??? I would get thos files and would install \
KDevelop and all packages not present in my system :-) Was addicted to the windows environment \
for 5 years and was refusing to move to Linux. Now am thinking what a fool I was :-S  Thanks to \
all who helped me and made my tough job easy and interesting too! Regards