List:       kdevelop
Subject:    Re: small bugs with gideon 3.0alpha3
From:       Caleb Tennis <caleb () aei-tech ! com>
Date:       2003-04-08 13:25:15

> 1. When trying to report a bug or feature the application id is set to
> gideon which is not known to the bug wizard.

This is fixed - will work in Alpha 4.

> 2. When I create a new project with the wizard on the second page "Version
> control systems" the CVS options appear when I choose CVS. But they do not
> disappear when changing back to "None".

We'll look into this.

> 3. Windows are party opened with their drag bar below my top menu bar and
> therefore can only be dragged by using the context menu.

Hmm, I'm not a multi-window guy, so I've never seen this.

> 4. The build and view toolbar overlapped the browser toolbar.

Hmm, ok.

> 5. Sometimes I see German, sometimes English messages ("Abbrechen" vs.
> "Cancel" e.g.).

This just means someone hasn't translated some of the messages into German.  I
don't know how active the translation team is working on Gideon since it's
still a very moving target.

> 6. Although I did not activate CVS I see a CVS tab in the messages area
> window.

Probably turned on by default.  Settings -> Configure Gideon -> Plugins will
allow you to turn stuff on and off.

For a specific project, Project -> Project Options -> Plugins will also give
you some more options.

> 7. A segmentation fault occurred when exiting the application. The problem
> was that no debugging information was inside the executable or libs as far
> as I see. Here is the output of the crash manager (using KDE 3.0.5):

> Probably this output does not help anyone.

Did you compile with --enable-debug?  Oh wait, you installed from rpms, right?
Well, give it a few days and alpha 4 should be available which should fix a
lot.

> 8. How do I get back the menu bar after I have let it disappear via menu?

Ctrl-M.

-
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body:
unsubscribe »your-email-address«