Hi, I'm a rather Kdevelop newbie and have some severe problems. my configuration: KDevelop 2.1.3 on Suse Linux 7.3(kernel 2.4.1x, KDE 3.0.3, automake/autoconf up to date, gcc 2.95.3, Qt 3.0.5) on a Athlon 800/512MB RAM. first of all, when i change some keyboard shortcuts, like ctrl-w for closing windows, my changes are lost when i restart KDevelop(here the setting gets set back to CTRL+F4). ;-( ok, here are my most basic questions: 1. How do i create custom project templates that i can use in the "new project" assistant, where the other pre-installed templastes like qt 2.x SDI/MDI appear..? 2. Which editor settings do i need to change to get a "tab indent" like "1: class whatever {" "2: // some code" "x: ..." instead of getting some autoinserted spaces..? i mean the same functionality that midnight commander uses in its builtin editor. 3. Is it possible to use KDevelop without those autoconf/automake/ configure/etc. macros to compile a project..? i think it's rather nerve killing that i have to wait some precious time whenever i change a project setting to wait until these scripts are finished. 4. Can i enable a optimization for Athlon/Pentium3/4 CPUs within KDevelop..? 5. If 3. is not possible, which file(s) do i have to edit to add/remove a search for custom header/lib files that will get executed when configure is run on a target machine..? i found some docs about this problem, but those were hopelessly outdated, resp. when i followed those instructions, they were getting ignored/overwritten whithout any reasonable (to me ;-) cause. 6. How do i remove the default "en" translation tree, or replace it with another, eg. german ;-) ..? i created a default qt 2.x MDI app, though it uses qt 3.05 *g* and removed the docs tree manually, now the project is rather messed up, ain't no wonder ;-) 7. how do i create a "lean&mean" project does not use those "fancy" automatic header/lib search, dokumentation, portability stuff eg. _only_ .h, .cpp files plus a list of custom libs (like Mickeysofts VC++ 6)..? 8. Where can i to set gcc/g++ switches like -fPIC, -fWhatever ..? plz don't send any flames, cuz i'm really new to this KDevelop stuff and have been using the command line tools until now. ;-)) Thanx in advance Stefan Kruemmel - to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe »your-email-address«