On 19 Dec 2001, René Märten wrote: > Am Mit, 2001-12-19 um 15.49 schrieb Loh Yong Khun: > > hi there, > > > > i would like to write a simple program to get the physical address of my > > network card. can anybody let me know how to achieve that? which class or > > function should i call? thanks in advance. > > > > YK (Loh Yong Khun) > > > > > > Hi YK, > > if You mean the MAC Addr, I think it is the simplest way to work with > QProcess or KProcess. Start a /sbin/ifconfig and grep the Stdout > for "HWaddr": > > kcommander:~ # ifconfig | grep HWaddr > eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:50:BF:93:6D:82 > Yup, but this is platform specific, which again means that it's probably easier to just read this from /proc (if it's there...I didn't check). Anyone else have a Win/Mac way of doing this? Would be interesting to know... -- Tarjei Knapstad - to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe »your-email-address«