Markus Wagner wrote: > Hi, Hi, > > I tried to adapt a simple (c++ terminal) project to manage a library with > kdevelop 1.4. > > I changed everything in Makefile.am, lib_LIBRARIES and so on, and it works. > But after adding additional source files to the project, kdevelop will change > the Makefile.am to build a binary executable (bin_PROGRAMS and so on). > > I found that the *.kdevprj file contains a line like this under [General]: > > project_type=normal_cpp > > Does anyone know how I can tell kdevelop that I want to make a library > (libprj.a)? there is no project-type like static_lib or shared_lib for [General] section, yet. Only subdirectories of a project can contain a library type. So either create a c++ project, which has a binary (e.g. to test the library or to give an example app, which uses your lib) or define the Makefile.am(s) as custom, so kdevelop doesn't update this/these file(s). To do so add the line ----- # kdevelop-pragma: custom ----- at the beginning of the Makefile.am. (But take care! Adding files or changing values wouldn't change the Makefile.am anymore!!) Personally I would prefer the first solution. > > Does I have to change the project type manually? > > Thank you, > > Markus > Ciao Walter - to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request@kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe »your-email-address«