List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    KMail sendmail option not working
From:       David Jarvie <djarvie () kde ! org>
Date:       2021-08-16 20:23:32

I'm setting up KMail 20.08, and trying to configure it to send mails using sendmail. \
I've tested my sendmail (actually postfix) configuration using the command line, and \
it successfully sends messages.

However, the postfix log file doesn't show anything when I try to send a message \
using KMail, and KMail simply puts the message to send into the outbox with no error \
message. "Send queued messages" does nothing either

In the KMail configuration settings, in the Sending sub-tab of the Accounts tab, I \
added a sendmail account as the default (and only) account. I set the "sendmail \
location" field to /usr/sbin/sendmail, and left the "sendmail options" field blank. \
That's the same as a previously working KMail 4.14 setup.

The Mail Dispatcher Agent resource is shown in akonadiconsole as"ready to dispatch \
messages", and I've tried restarting it too.

Any help to get sendmail working with KMail would be much appreciated.
--
David Jarvie
KAlarm author, KDE developer