Am Montag, 1. Juni 2020, 21:02:37 CEST schrieben Sie: > On Mon, 2020-06-01 at 16:37 +0200, Werner Joss wrote: > > just a short note on netiquette: > > You (test) should have noticed that almost everyone here uses a complete > > Real > > Name on this rather elitary list :) > > don't you think that after having posted a significant number of > > questions here > > (and got answers to every topic) this would be approriate ? > > > > Werner Joss > > > > > > I could say a lot to that ... Just let me ask why I should find it > appropriate to have my privacy invaded, or help anyone in invading it? I > don't like it when non-strangers are trying to invade it any more than when > strangers are trying to do the same. There is nothing appropriate about > it. So you really think, all the people here using their real names are silly enough to have their privacy invaded, or do not care about their privacy ? Not to mention all the developers like Dan Vratil here, or Linus Torvalds on LKML ? Seriously ? > Please consider this point of the netiquette as a relic from ancient times > that do not exist anymore. I do remember times when we knew at least some > of the people we were exchanging messages with in person, and back then, it > kinda made sense to use your name. That was years before anyone had > internet, and it was kinda private. Everything changed, and internet is > the opposite of private. Somehow, adjusting the netiquette was forgotten, > and now, who even remembers what a netiquette is. This last half sentence applies for you, granted :)