Ian wrote: > > Last day or so, if I click a link in an email, then instead of=20 > opening a new tab in the running instance of Firefox, it opens a Firefox=20= > window, loads the destination URL in first tab, then tries to fill 3 more t= abs with adverts. * Is this a specific link, or any link? * Can you share the link? * Is this in a text (part) or html email? > This does not happen if I copy the URL and paste it in the location bar in = Firefox. * Do you mean copy from the url bar in firefox, from the email, or, in case=20= it is from an html email, by right-clicking the link and copying the url. * If it is an html mail, can you share both the visible link (text) and the=20= underlying url? (Perhaps even the entire contents of the anchor =E2=80=A6<= /a>.) > Which implies it is something happening BEFORE it gets to=20 > Firefox.... either in Kmail or somewhere between the two. If it is an html mail and you click that link, it may be that it=20 specificies a =E2=80=98_blank=E2=80=99 target, which could lead to the deskto= p/Firefox=20 opening a new window. That depends on Firefox settings. > Has anyone else experienced this? Not me. > Hope my system has not been compromised somehow ... There are still other explanations possible: link in html mail that=20 specifies a _blank target, with an underlying url that goes to a page that=20= opens multiple tabs, including the one you want. Best, Erik