... so your mail does not open the URL, but something else. HTML mail I guess - and HTML mail is unsafe and requires extra precaution. fredag den 3. april 2020 00.00.36 CEST skrev Ian Douglas: > Hi all > > Last day or so, if I click a link in an email, then instead of opening a new > tab in the running instance of Firefox, it opens a Firefox window, loads > the destination URL in first tab, then tries to fill 3 more tabs with > adverts. > > This does not happen if I copy the URL and paste it in the location bar in > Firefox. > > Which implies it is something happening BEFORE it gets to Firefox.... either > in Kmail or somewhere between the two. > > Has anyone else experienced this? > > Hope my system has not been compromised somehow ... > > Thanks, Ian