Hi Anders, Anders Lund - 11.11.19, 16:49:46 CET: > I switched akonadi to using postgresql, and it definately feels like > it operates more smoothly than before. >=20 > But I still get the KMail BSOD (the "fetching folder content..." > screen) :( >=20 > I still do not understand why KMail does not prioritize showing the > mail, when the header is clicked. All other mail clients I know of > does that, and it is the number on function of a mail client - let > the user read his mail. I feel with you. I reported this as a bug a long time ago. And Akonadi=20 developers are aware of it. Just fixing it is a complex task. The main issue is that Akonadi basically can only do one thing at once.=20 It does not really multitask. According to Dan there are plans to change=20 that. As there are still plans to revamp the indexing/search=20 infrastructure to be much more lightweight. =20 > Any tips to convince KMail to do that will be wellcome :-) I have none, expect probably given PostgreSQL more memory. It is mostly okay for me, but at times I wait a bit as well, so=E2=80=A6 I = may=20 look into the PostgreSQL configuration and give it more memory. This=20 laptop has 16 GiB of RAM, so giving a bit more to PostgreSQL would not=20 be a problem. When I did with MariaDB back then, it helped a bit. That=20 was at least my subjective impression. Thanks, =2D-=20 Martin