Just switched to postgresql on my archlinux box. Procedure: install postgresql and postgresql-old-upgrade stop akonadi move .local/share/akonadi away edit .config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc setting the driver to QPSQL start akonadi I lost my filters, and oddly, the sent forlder for this mail is unset. But= =20 everything works basically :-) Anders s=C3=B8ndag den 7. april 2019 20.05.55 CET skrev Dominique Dumont: > On Sunday, 7 April 2019 00:07:51 CEST Matthias M=C3=BCller wrote: > > I've read a lot of switching from MySQL to MariDB or PostgreSQL or vica > > versa or =E2=80=A6 > >=20 > > But: How to do that? >=20 > On my Debian I did: >=20 > - apt install akonadi-backend-postgresql postgresql > - in kontact, export all filters to a file > - delete filters > - stop kontact > - akonadictl stop > - rm -r .local/share/akonadi/* > - mkdir .local/share/akonadi/db_data > - edit .config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc to set Driver=3DQPSQL in %General > section - akonadictl start > - then open kontact (or kmail). > - then the mails are downloaded from servers > - import the filters that were imported previously >=20 > There's no need to redo the account configuration. But folder properties > (like expiration) are lost. >=20 > Hope this helps