List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: Question
From:       Daniel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Vr=E1til?= <dvratil () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-07-04 14:27:39

On Monday, 1 July 2019 23:56:36 CEST Anders Lund wrote:
> Are there any plans to change KMail so that when I click an item in the
> header list, KMail would then display that mail, instead of ask me to wait?
> :o

Unless something goes horribly wrong and Akonadi gets stuck, the delay when
displaying the email can occur because the IMAP resource is currently syncing
a folder (which can take a while), and the request to retrieve a particular
email gets blocked until the sync finishes.

There's a plan to allow the IMAP resource to execute multiple tasks in
parallel, so retrieving a single email body would never get blocked by an
ongoing sync. Going to take a while until it's fully implemented, though :)

- Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
www.dvratil.cz | dvratil@kde.org

GPG Key: 0x4D69557AECB13683
Fingerprint: 0ABD FA55 A4E6 BEA9 9A83 EA97 4D69 557A ECB1 3683