List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: Considering to switch away from KDEPIM/Akonadi
From:       Ianseeks <bingmybong () btinternet ! com>
Date:       2019-04-22 6:02:59

On Sunday, 21 April 2019 16:42:15 BST Matthias Müller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am Sonntag, 7. April 2019, 20:05:55 CEST schrieb Dominique Dumont:
> > On Sunday, 7 April 2019 00:07:51 CEST Matthias Müller wrote:
> > > I've read a lot of switching from MySQL to MariDB or PostgreSQL or vica
> > > versa or …
> > >
> > > But: How to do that?
> >
> > On my Debian I did:
> >
> > - apt install akonadi-backend-postgresql postgresql
> I did with aptitude
>
> > - in kontact, export all filters to a file
> > - delete filters
> not neccessary, because no local filters defined. I am filtering on the IMAP
> server
>
> > - stop kontact
> > - akonadictl stop
> > - rm -r .local/share/akonadi/*
> > - mkdir .local/share/akonadi/db_data
> I did this
>
> > - edit .config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc to set Driver=QPSQL in %General
> section
> Here difficulties started. I don't know exactly what to change

Your akonadiserverrc looks just like mine except i'm still using postgresql 9.6 so \
the Server path and InitDbPath are different and looks like this  \
InitDbPath=/usr/bin/initdb ServerPath=/usr/bin/pg_ctl

Quite a while ago, before my Alternatives config for postgresql set to manual, the \
system was automatically upgraded to postgresql 10 and that didn't work with akonadi \
very well.  I've remained at 9.6 so i can't say if it works fine with postgresql 11.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20190419
Qt: 5.12.2 KDE Frameworks: 5.57.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.15.4 - kwin 5.15.4