On Wednesday, 19 December 2018 16:17:22 GMT Peter Humphrey wrote: > Hello list, > > I decided to have another go at setting KMail up to work with my local IMAP > server, which is dovecot on top of postfix and fetchmail. > > After much wrestling with the three ways of creating an IMAP account, > including numerous errors "Inappropriate ioctl for device" (which I should > not be seeing at the user level), I finally have an unsecured server > connection. However, when I attempt to fetch mail from that server, KMail > doesn't show any result. [...] > So traffic is flowing, but I don't get any mails, even though the mbox has > 80K bytes of them. Never mind. It looks as though I have a problem in dovecot, which I'm trying to debug in spite of it not obeying the config value that says to log everything. -- Regards, Peter.