List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: An odd debug message
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-10-25 8:35:44

On Thursday October 25 2018 10:25:23 Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:

> > Qt WebEngine seems to be initialized from a plugin. Please set
> > Qt::AA_ShareOpenGLContexts using QCoreApplication::setAttribute before
> > constructing QGuiApplication.
> >
> Many KDE/Qt programs output such warnings/debug messages. Gentoo can't do
> anything about it. The program developers can, so if you want to report it,
> it should go to the KDE bugzilla.

Yep. It may not be of much consequence under Linux but the warning is there for a \
reason. IIRC applications can crash on Mac when OpenGL contexts aren't set to be \
shared.

Of course it's probably complete overkill that daemon processes would initialise a \
resource hog like QtWebEngine instead of using the much more appropriate QtWebKit but \
I'm afraid the powers have decided they wish to ignore that.

R.