Am Mittwoch, 22. November 2017, 15:45:31 schrieb Ren=E9 J.V. Bertin: > For that at least there's an easy fix: > 1a- identify the free webmail service that suits you, offers IMAP and= > fetching of 3rd party POP accounts OR > 1b- install a local IMAP server and an automated tried-and-true POP f= etcher > locally (I forget the name of the utility but someone here will certa= inly > remember it)=20 sure, fetchmail is your friend :) > 2- configure things to your taste and needs with this setup, you can also incorporate filters, namely for SPAM, but also other tasks. I know, kmail does offer these, on its own, nowadays. anyway, I consider it an advantage, having that done before a MUA handl= es the=20 mails, because you are then free to use another, in case your preferred= one=20 sucks ;-) > 3- forget about having to use POP. agreed. Werner