Am Montag, 24. Oktober 2016, 12:07:20 schrieb Michael Mol: > On Monday, October 24, 2016 06:06:15 PM Sascha Manns wrote: > > Hi Werner, > > > > Am Montag, 24. Oktober 2016, 17:52:40 CEST schrieb Werner Joss: > > > Am Montag, 24. Oktober 2016, 11:40:27 schrieb Michael Mol: > > > > So you want to take a message that exists in an IMAP folder, encrypt > > > > the > > > > body, and replace the existing message? > > > > > > > > I don't know if any existing tools that will do that for you > > > > > > same here :) > > > but, I also have sometimes the intension of encrypting some existing > > > emails. usually I collect them in a folder and export that via kmail's > > > export feature to a tar.bz2 file which is then encrypted with kgpg. > > > then I delete the mails in the kmail folder. > > > if needed, I can always decrypt the file and re-import it, > > > or just browse the unpacked files. > > > > > > not exactly intuitive, some steps required, but I can live with that, > > > given > > > this ist not a day-to-day need. > > > > That can be a good way. I'll test it out. > > Thanks :-) > > This is why I asked what your goal was. What *may* be a good solution would > be to ditch IMAP and go with POP; move the emails to your local system, > which presumably uses an encrypted filesystem. well, that will cost you all the comfort of IMAP, e.g. you will lose the ability to read / use your email (99% of which will probably not need encryption) mobile. > Or use POP to feed a > protected server that you run, and run an IMAP server on top of that. that would be better, of course, but not that easy/cheap. Werner