List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: Encrypt some emails
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2016-10-24 15:52:40

Am Montag, 24. Oktober 2016, 11:40:27 schrieb Michael Mol:
> So you want to take a message that exists in an IMAP folder, encrypt the
> body,  and replace the existing message?
>
> I don't know if any existing tools that will do that for you

same here :)
but, I also have sometimes the intension of encrypting some existing emails.
usually I collect them in a folder and export that via kmail's export feature
to a tar.bz2 file which is then encrypted with kgpg.
then I delete the mails in the kmail folder.
if needed, I can always decrypt the file and re-import it,
or just browse the unpacked files.

not exactly intuitive, some steps required, but I can live with that, given
this ist not a day-to-day need.

Werner