List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: Akonadi dsaster
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-10-19 12:47:18

On Wednesday October 19 2016 15:21:18 Dag Nygren wrote:

> What about an option to download one or
> a few email(s) at the time for indexing
> and then afterwards delete the batch?

If you want to do this manually it is already possible:

- select a folder, right-click, select Folder Properties
- in the Retrieval tab, tick "Always retrieve full messages"
- close the dialog and refresh the folder
- reopen the Retrieval tab, tick "Retrieve message bodies on demand" and chose a life \
time for the local copies.

I *think* that for this to work you need to ensure that the folder is synchronised \
automatically at an appropriate frequency. The local copies that are removed after \
timing out are those in ~/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data; I don't know if there \
are other locations (like the SQL DB) from where they are (could be) removed. I also \
don't know if the indexing information is retained after the timeout; I'd assume it \
is.

Sadly I have no idea how one can do this for all folders in an account.

R.