List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: Akonadi dsaster
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-10-17 9:13:23

On Sunday October 16 2016 21:20:13 Werner Joss wrote:

> > > complicated I'd love to try and backport it to 4.14 .....
>
> just a side note as a user:
> I'm still on kde 4.14.2 (debian jessie) and as far as I can see, this is a
> good choice :)

It certainly isn't a bad choice if you have the option, and if you're concerned more \
with reliability/stability than with new features and getting the 5.x series to work \
to satisfaction to everyone. On my Linux system I am in fact still on 4.13.3, with no \
compelling reason to upgrade (and the email read/flagged/etc state sync issue in fact \
compelling me to stay at that version).

Yet I think that at some point people like us will have to hitch up their sleeves and \
get involved, if we want to be sure certain issues only we appear to be noticing get \
addressed. The only thing that's holding me back from doing that is the fact that one \
cannot easily have the two versions installed on the same machine. And time. (And \
also a bit the fact I have a growing list of pending contributions to other projects \
that are apparently not deemed worthy of interest...)

R.