List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: Using bogofilter via KMail's anti-spam wizrd
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2016-10-16 11:35:57

Am Sonntag, 16. Oktober 2016, 11:27:33 schrieb Maurice:
> Here on Linux Mageia-5 - after being suddenly being swamped with junk
> emails - I've installed bogofilter* and used KMail's Anti-Spam Wizard to
> hook up with it to set up junk filtering.

welcome - same here :)

> The Anti-Spam Wizard found bogofilter and added Spam and Ham icons in
> the toolbar, which I've been using them to select the emails for
> bogofilter's training.
>
> I assume it wll take some days/weeks(?) before its learning process
> will allow it to start zapping junk emails for me.

for me, it took just 1 day, 10 spam mails or so.
works like a charm, since.
no false flags, all spam caught.
don't forget to also train good mails (ham), though.

> The $64 question is:
>    What indication should there be when eventually it identifies a spam
> email and automatically moves it into its 'spam' directory, without my
> having to hit the Spam icon?

the wizzard lets you choose where to move caught spam, and also if it should
be marked as read (or not).

> Does it move it silently, or wave some kind of flag or play a happy
> tune?

no :)
HTH
werner