List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Scary dialogs
From:       Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2014-03-03 10:07:51

Am Montag, 3. M=E4rz 2014, 10:32:44 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> I think it will be a while until a replacement system can be attempted to=
 be
> written, though it should be easier this time around since all programs
> communicate using the same protocol and do not depend on any specific way
> the server is implemented in.

Supposedly there will be a move away from nepomuk and virtuoso in the next =

bigger release...

> Btw, jsut curious, how do the many other programs that use SQLite handle
> this, e.g. Mozilla's applications?

Just as badly, hence my firefox profile folder being a symlink into /dev/sh=
m =

that gets rsync'd on login and logout.

With akonadi I started using a central mysql server instead of local sqlite=
, =

that made it suck a bit less, but virtuoso indexing over nfs is still a maj=
or =

PITA, regularly freezing up both client AND SERVER.

On the other hand, switch off the indexing and you might just as well =

completely stop using kontact and migrate to thunderbird, which is kind of =

sad, seeing how kontact used to be one of the "KDE poster apps"... But =

seriously, which other desktop environmenmt needs a central database server=
 to =

be useful?

Cheers
MH