List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] [Kde-pim] KMail - Phase 2
From:       Carsten Grohmann <carstengrohmann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2013-10-09 19:58:41

Hi Martin, Hi KMail Developer,

Am Mittwoch, 9. Oktober 2013, 09:26:30 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Please note that this the the mailing list to coordinate development of
> KDEPIM. The user mailing list is kdepim-users@kde.org.

Based on my personal experience as a sysadm I think this is a locking bug. The
application is hanging. Neither periods with a very low disk/CPU usage nor
waiting up to 60 minutes heal the hanging. Those signs caused me contacting
the developers.

My intention is to get an initial list of information that I've provide to the
developers to isolate and fix this issue. KDE and Akonadi provide some
abilities to get debug information (kdebugdialog and akonadiconsole). The
combination of all generates a lot of white noise. The correlation of events
is very hard if there are too much information.

What specific information do you (the developer) need in a bug report?

Martin, thank you for your detailed answer.

Regards,
Carsten