List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Yet Another Troubled KMail2 Migration Successful (Maybe) (For Now)
From:       Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-07-06 10:56:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 12:47:42 PM you wrote:
> - there are many use cases for addressbook searching outside of the actual
> address book

True

> - it's faster (when it actually) works

And there's the rub ...

> - it can support semantic search ("give me the guy I sent the attachment
> with  the word "spongebob" in the title to last week")

Is there an interface that actually allows us to do that?

> - it can support semantic tagging

Have lost my tags to many times to bother with them now.

> - supports higher level contact merging (like KPeople)

That would be exceedingly useful.

What I find so frustrating about nepomuk is that when its works, its really
cool and useful and has so much potential. But it so often doesn't work and
things that depend on it break. And the problems in it seem to be systematic.

--
Lindsay