Am 20.01.2013 10:12, schrieb christophe: > Ok, now that i have survived the kamil2 migration, despite some sleepless > nights, i need to sync kmail between many computers so that i have the same > kmail on every computer, just as i used to do with kmail 1.13. > > I use unison to sync mails. > this is the list of synchronized files : > > path = .kde4/share/config/kmailrc > path = .kde4/share/config/kmail.eventsrc > path = .kde4/share/config/kmail2rc > path = .kde4/share/config/kmail2.notifyrc > path = .kde4/share/config/emaildefaults > path = .kde4/share/config/emailidentities > path = .kde4/share/config/mailtransports > path = .kde4/share/config/akonadi_pop3_resource_1rc > path = .kde4/share/config/akonadi_pop3_resource_2rc > path = .local/share/local-mail > path = .spamassassin > > But if i sync only these files, when opening kmail on another computer, the > unread email list is not the same and in a directory with 1000 emails with 12 > unread emails on the first computer, i get ~500 unread emails on the second > computer. > Not good. > Also, i see with htop that many akonadi-something processes are eating cpu > time and monopolising hard drive for a long time. > > I have done some research on google. > Some say that one has to sync also the akonadi db files so that the unread > mails appear the same on every computer. > Is it right ? > Do i have to sync to sync everything in .local/share/akonadi ? > .kde4/share/config/akonadi* ? > .config/akonadi/* ? > Any other files or directories ? > > > But, syncing a db semms to be something really dangerous, because > synchronization mustn't be done during commit, only after commit, from what i > remember of my old computer science university lessons. > When shall one sync this akonadi db ? > Does akonadi have a function somewhere to sync its db between 2 computers ? To sync states of mails and Kontacts you have to sync akonadi DB as well. but: NEVER SYNC A RUNNING DB. I run my sync at login (from my Server to my client) and at logout (after akonadi and nepomuk has stopped from client to server) with rsync via ssh. I sync my complete home directory (except some folders and files like .thumbnails). But I must confess that I don't use kmail that much lately. Martin > > Thanks for your help. > _______________________________________________ KDE PIM users mailing list Subscription management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kdepim-users