List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Success with Kontact/4.8.2
From:       Till Adam <adam () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-04-22 7:10:22

On Apr 21, 2012, at 11:42 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 07:27:22 PM Till Adam wrote:
> > 4.9 will have this fixed and additionally be able to find any email address
> > in your nepomuk store.
>
> What does that mean?

So far the address completion was doing three things, to provide completion: search \
the address books in Akonadi (which was broken in 4.8), search the list of recently \
used addresses as maintained by Akonadi, and search LDAP servers, if they are \
configured. In 4.9, the search that goes through Akonadi works again and finds more \
and more sensible matches. But additionally we now have a search that goes directly \
to Nepomuk and matches the completion string against all email addresses known to \
Nepomuk, not just the ones Akonadi maintains as address book entries. These are \
harvested from all emails we have indexed, but also from anywhere else that feeds \
content into Nepomuk. What is still missing is aggregation of all of these email \
addresses into higher level "person" objects, but that is also work in progress.

Till