List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Success with Kontact/4.8.2
From:       Markus Feilner <lists () feilner-it ! net>
Date:       2012-04-21 16:09:04

Am Samstag, 21. April 2012, 15:03:08 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> Determined to have a clean install on my netbook in time for my
> holiday, I installed Mageia beta3.  This was quickly updated to KDE
> 4.8.2, including kdepim.  Almost everything is working perfectly - almost,
> in that I can't connect to my Google contacts, but that's not the end of
> the world.
> =

> KMail is accessing both Googlemail and my own IMAP server, set up as a
> Roaming profile for while I'm away.  No long waits, nothing going missing
> and all apparently working perfectly.
> =

> Calendar - I'm using my Google calendar - useful as it is on my phone
> too.  The new connection facility is unbelievably slick.  Thanks for that!
> =

> :-)  The only downside is that the calendar is rather slow to load.  I had
> =

> just decided it must be broken when things started to appear.
> =

> Contacts - I copied all the vcards from my main laptop onto the
> netbook.  I seem to have lost the few cards that were in the top-level
> Personal Contacts, but the folders below it are all there.  The old
> std.vcf also works fine.
> =

> Akregator appears to have picked up all my old feeds - copied in from
> the older Fedora 14 install.  I haven't had time to work with it, but it
> looks fine, and notifications tell me that new feed entries are arriving.
> =

> All in all, this is a huge relief, as my main laptop went down this morni=
ng
> and looks totally dead :-(  Still, at least this netbook, Mageia, and the
> new Kontact are going to get me through.
> =

> Thanks to all
> =

> Anne
rs

I can confirm that. Been using 4.8.2 on Suse Tumbleweed for a while, and al=
most =

all the things that annoyed me on Ubuntu and Mint are working here. Only th=
ing =

that's not (yet) working is autocompletion of mail adresses. Grmpfh! :-)

-- =

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen, =

Markus Feilner

Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
K=F6tztinger Stra=DFe 6c                 93057 Regensburg
Telefon:                                          +49 941 8 10 79 89
Mobil:                                              +49 170 3 02 70 92

Mail: mfeilner@feilner-it.net   Web: http://www.feilner-it.net -
Google+: https://plus.google.com/105201437130417639658
Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Markus_Feilner

Linux Magazine Germany:        mfeilner@linux-magazin.de