Determined to have a clean install on my netbook in time for my holiday, I installed Mageia beta3. This was quickly updated to KDE 4.8.2, including kdepim. Almost everything is working perfectly - almost, in that I can't connect to my Google contacts, but that's not the end of the world. KMail is accessing both Googlemail and my own IMAP server, set up as a Roaming profile for while I'm away. No long waits, nothing going missing and all apparently working perfectly. Calendar - I'm using my Google calendar - useful as it is on my phone too. The new connection facility is unbelievably slick. Thanks for that! :-) The only downside is that the calendar is rather slow to load. I had just decided it must be broken when things started to appear. Contacts - I copied all the vcards from my main laptop onto the netbook. I seem to have lost the few cards that were in the top-level Personal Contacts, but the folders below it are all there. The old std.vcf also works fine. Akregator appears to have picked up all my old feeds - copied in from the older Fedora 14 install. I haven't had time to work with it, but it looks fine, and notifications tell me that new feed entries are arriving. All in all, this is a huge relief, as my main laptop went down this morning and looks totally dead :-( Still, at least this netbook, Mageia, and the new Kontact are going to get me through. Thanks to all Anne _______________________________________________ KDE PIM users mailing list Subscription management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kdepim-users