List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Searching x 2
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2012-02-22 10:06:09

Onsdag den 22. februar 2012 02:56:59 S=E9rgio Basto skrev:
> but now after one day 2 files index , after 5 or 10 56 files in index ,
> store size 197 Mega Bytes, =

> Address book searching which was working more or less stops .
> I just want that  nepomuk reindex all again ! =

I have more or less given up on nepomuk. I decided to try moving its data =

away, to have it reindex. Reindexing mail appeared to work, but kmail searc=
h =

does not work. The file indexing stops nepomuk about every 30 minutes (well =

varying from 2-60), when it chokes on some file. After that any funcitonali=
ty =

depending on nepomuk is not functioning. Restarting nepomuk is broken, and =
it =

does not do anything to try to recover from its own, build in breakage.

So my options are (as long as i try to continue using kde)
1) restart kde all the time
2) forget about nepomuk-dependant stuff, and hope it will work in some dist=
ant =

future...
3) turn off file indexing and accept a search-less, but at least running DE =

(this is the current state)

fun...
Anders