List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Searching x 2
From:       Thomas Tanghus Olsen <thomas () tanghus ! net>
Date:       2012-01-29 17:05:35

On Sunday 29 January 2012 09:36 O. Sinclair wrote:

> > I do think that my Nepomuk/Akonadi data base is somehow corrupt, because
> > virtuoso-t keeps spiking on both cores even though indexing is idle. I
> > just
> > can't remember which files to delete to recreate it.
> >
> > I've also been testing a lot of ownCloud instances so I bet the db is full
> > of a lot of stale entries.
>
> ~qdbus org.kde.NepomukServer /nepomukserver quit
> ~rm -rf $(kde4-config --localprefix)/share/apps/nepomuk/
> ~nepomukserver &

Thanks, I'll try that. I had to disable file and mail indexing because it was
bringing my box to a halt. Now I still have 3 virtuoso-1 processes sucking
most of the CPU.

I'll reset the DB (I never comment or rate files anyways), start with getting
the files indexed, and then turn on mail indexing. Hopefully it will bring it
closer to being usable.

> helped me at least - though search is still pretty useless. Search for
> filename "current" and get totally unrelated mp3 files on "top" of
> search results. KFind works way better.

I've got a lot of akonadi?item=XXXXXX resources when I use krunner.

> Sorry am a bit fed up with the whole thing.

My patience is a bit worn too.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus Olsen