List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Kmail and filters
From:       Lívio Cipriano <lcipriano () iol ! pt>
Date:       2011-12-29 13:26:24

HI,

Now I'm using OpenSuSE 12.0 and Kmail seams to behave strange; what is =

natural, cause almost all it's new.

Anyaway .. I think there is a bug in the filter chain. In KDE 3.5 the filte=
rs =

of KMail acted first in the incoming mail, directly from the mail server. I=
f =

you selected that a filter applied to a certain server, the message was pas=
sed =

through that filter and if the criteria was true delivered to the folder =

specified in the filter. If none of the filters catch the message and was n=
ot =

spam, then it was delivered to the folder specified in the POP account.

Now it seams that the message it's first delivered to the folder specified =
in =

the POP account and only after that scanned by the filters. That implies th=
at =

when the filter is specified it's necessary to check the POP accounts, from =

where the messages to be scanned are expected, and also the folder where th=
e =

POP delivers them cause, or it seams, the filters only act on the folders, =
not =

on the POP accounts.

Am I right or wrong, cause haven't master the setting of the filters, or it=
's =

a bug?

-- =

Regards,