List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] kmail2 migration with 4.8RC - still not there
From:       Martin Koller <kollix () aon ! at>
Date:       2011-11-27 17:54:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate my kmail1 setup to kmail2 - for testing before really using it, \
I copied everything (~/Mail ~/.local ~/.config ~/.kde4) into a virtual machine (vbox) \
running openSuse 12.1/32bit.

I upgraded KDE to the packages from KDE trunk (e.g. kdepim4-4.7.80-1.2.i586, although \
the Help menu still tells me that this is KDE 4.7.3 ...)

I removed everything akonadi related before doing the actual migration, e.g. \
~/.local/share/akonadi ~/.config/akonadi and so on, even \
/home/koller/.local/share/local-mail, which it recreates every time ... (of course I \
made sure akonadi is not running).

Then I simply started "kmail-migrator --interactive" on the commandline.
I saw that it created the mySQL db, etc. and showed the migration dialog, which ended \
in "success". Perfect, I thought ... but:

In the konsole where I started the migration I now get continuously 3 times per \
second the following message:

akonadi_maildispatcher_agent(12469)/libakonadi: Resource id's don't match:  \
"akonadi_maildir_resource_0" "akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource_0"

What does that mean ?

Also, mysqld, akonadiserver and akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource are sharing the CPU, \
                which is at 100% for some time already.
Question: is there some experience with how long this (I assume) initial filling of \
the DB takes ? (find Mail/|wc -l results in 99210)

Sometimes (about every 30 messages from above) I also get this output:

akonadi_nepomuk_feeder(12468) ItemQueue::removeDataResult: "Did not receive a reply. \
Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus \
security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network \
connection was broken."

My mail setup has only local mbox and maildir files, no IMAP etc.
The migration created the following mail related resources:
- 2 POP3 resources (which can't download data as I disabled the network to be sure \
                not to download my real mails)
- "Local Folders" maildir
- 2 local mbox file resource
- "Kmail Folders"

All of them are "green" and say "Ready" in systemsettings.

Interesting is also: I now started "kmail" in a second konsole session, and kmail \
pops up the "Do you want to migrate now?" dialog ... why that ? I already ran it by \
myself ... ?

ok, I click "migrate now" and it fails with an error dialog (no wonder) and in \
                konsole I see:
main: Migration of kmailrc has already run, not running it again

That's ok, but why does kmail try to run it then ?

Then kmail terminates and konsole shows:

kmail2(12622)/libakonadi Akonadi::GetLockJob::Private::timeout: Timeout trying to get \
lock. Check who has acquired the name "org.kde.pim.SpecialCollections" on DBus, using \
qdbus or qdbusviewer.  kmail2(12622)/libakonadi \
Akonadi::SpecialCollectionsRequestJobPrivate::lockResult: Failed to get lock: \
"Zeitüberschreitung beim Erhalten der Sperre."  kmail2(12622) \
MailCommon::Kernel::emergencyExit: "In KMail ist ein schwerwiegender Fehler \
aufgetreten. Das Programm wird beendet.

... which I assume is due to mysqld, akonadiserver and akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource \
still filling the DB. Is that correct ?

Note: I tried this already yesterday with KDE 4.7.2 and let the system run over \
night, but 12 hours later the CPU was still at 100% so I stopped this test.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion