List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] after upgrade to F16 kde 4.7.3,
From:       Sérgio Basto <sergio () serjux ! com>
Date:       2011-11-16 0:51:56

On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 14:05 +0200, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Sérgio Basto wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > After upgrade from 4.6 to 4.7 , kmail don't show
> > any email
> > I got 3 pop accounts
> >
> > I stop akanodi
> > do:
> > rm -rf  ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/*
> >

> > and pop accounts appears as status offline
> > kmail folders Synchronizing (0%)
> >
> > well , very disappointed again after an upgrade of kde, lose hours and
> > hours...
>
> (I hope you realize that posting often or threatening that you move your
> mails somewhere else doesn't really help...)
>
> First of all, you probably shouldn't have remove the above directory
> blindly, but write down your original problem here or in a bug report.
> We know that migration fails in certain cases and I personally suggest to
> not migrate automatically.
>
> So to fix your issue, do:
> - stop akonadi (make sure it is really stopped, including the mysql
> processes)
> - remove the folders that you mention in the bug
> report(~/.local/share/akonadi/ and ~/.config/akonadi/)
> - start akonadi
> - add back your accounts (Local folders, pop3, imap, etc)
> - sync them
> - wait and hopefully everything

ok , I found the problem , and the problem on migration, is not kmail
maildir, is a local Folder, when I switch local folder to
~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail, instead have a ~/.local/share/local-mail
and a resource kmail folder with ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail.

> - fix your local filters, if you had any

I have 30 and folder expired , none of the filters was correct and
expired folder expired others folders than that should, I lose some
mails that I don't want to, but hope that was nothing important.

So, backup your mail folders (~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail) before
change it to local folders.
backup (or move) ~/.config/akonadi/ and ~/.kde/share/config/akonadi*

and build akanodi resources again.

4 days without mail, and to find out that local folder are where are my
emails via POP3.

Regards,
--
Sérgio M. B.