List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kaddressbook lost contacts 11.10 upgrade
From:       "Andreas Zeller" <a-zeller () web ! de>
Date:       2011-10-29 9:29:10

Am 29.10.2011, 10:48 Uhr, schrieb Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at>:

>> Kaddressbook,
>>
>> my ~/.local/share/contacts/ contains only WARNING_README.txt
>>
>> If I look in my backups, ~/.local/share/contacts doesn't exist.
>
> So it seems that between your backup and your current setup a "Personal
> Contacts" handler has been created but not used.
>
> Can you try running
> kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi_resources
> and check if the is such an entry and if yes if it uses the above path
> (select, click configure)?

kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi_resources starts a Programm-Window called
"Einrichtung des persönlichen Informationsmanagement von Akonadi"
(personal information management of Akonadi) with no entry. The presets
are also empty. What shall I add? My ~/.local/share/contacts is empty.

By the way, if I start "Einrichtung des persönlichen
Informationsmanagement von Akonadi" from the system control panel, there
are many entries:

two times "Persönliche Kontakte" (Personal Contacts) referencing to
~/.local/share/contacts/ (there is only WARNING_README.txt)

akonadi_kabc_resource_6 and akonadi_kabc_resource_7, doesn't work because
no KDE_ addressbook

akonadi_kabc_resource_8 and "Adressbuch von Kontakte" (addressbook of
Kontacts), working, references to ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/stdvcf (vCard)
which is empty

>> > Yes, that's the default location for the addressbook called "Personal
>> > Contacts".
>> > I am on a very old KDE setup, upgraded through the years, so my
>> > addressbook is
>> > still $HOME/.kde/share/config/kabc/std.vcf
>>
>> ~/.kde/share/config/kabc/ doesn't exist in my home neither in my backup.
>
> Yeah, my bad, ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc not share/config

My ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc contains only empty *.vcf files.

>> > The most likely location, if it isn't $HOME/.local/share/contacts is
>> > $KDEHOME/share/apps/kabc, where $KDEHOME is usually $HOME/.kde if the
>> > variable
>>
>> my ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/ contains only empty *.vcf files and if I look
>> back in my backups, that's this way since month but KAdressbook works
>> properly till last week
>
> Very strange.
> Can you check through running
> kcmshell4 kcm_akonadi_resources
> whether you have any other addressbook handlers?

see above.

I assume the data is still stored in Akonadi because if I search for
eMail-addresses, I found them inside

~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ibdata1
~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/akonadi/parttable.ibd
~/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/freebusyurls
~/.kde/share/config/krusaderrc

where ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ibdata1 and
~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/akonadi/parttable.ibd contain 10 MiB each.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP, I'm desperately looking for a solution
Andreas