List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KMail - Replying in HTML
From:       Richard Creighton <ricreig () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-08-09 0:27:56

19:56:30 schrieb Richard Creighton:
> > I normally have the 'inbox' set to
text only.   Certain trusted
> > correspondants have a filter set to move
the message to another folder
> > which allows the display of HTML.   You
could set up the same type of
> > defaults for the ability to reply in HTML
without forcing anyone to
> > violate their rights/desires to never do so.
>

> Hi Richard,
>
> would you mind sharing how you set up no HTML as
default, but having it
> allowed for certain contacts. Is there a good
tutorial for that online?
> Sounds interesting to me.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>

> Pascal

Hi,

Well, what I've done is go into SETTINGS for KMail and
select SECURITY -> Receiving and ensure the checkboxes for PREFER HTML and
the one under it are both OFF.

Then, save and exit the settings
configuration.   Then select a folder and from the menu at the top of the
window, select "Folder".  There you can turn on the 'Prefer HTML' checkbox
which will affect only the selected folder.   You can do this for as many
folders as you see fit.   Remember, the default is now OFF so any you want
ON have to be specified individually by folder.   This is only for automatic
DISPLAY of HTML but it does enable you to avoid all the "warnings" regarding
HTML display.   It doesn't solve the issue of replying in HTML, but under
settings for KMail, there is a provision for external editor.   This "sorta"
works but it is selected all the time, even if you don't want HTML or other
special editing capabilities.   Thus, it is not a good substitute for an
integrated HTML editor that is controllable by KMail settings.

I am not
aware of any good tutorials on this.   The *manual* for KMail kinda glosses
over this subject...probably for the same reason as the inability to reply
in HTML if you choose to do so for whatever reason...eg, the dev has no real
interest in interfacing to external editors, which is their prerogative but
it is my opinion that just like going to the bathroom....the jobs not done
till the paperwork is done.   Paperwork in the programming world includes
documentation IMO.  Not as fun as coding perhaps, but at least as
important.

Richard